Hi Guest - won't you sign up - like now? You'll get "early member" perks, ratings, free for sale adds, store discount codes and of course access to all the hidden stuff that status begets..

Recent threads from WisWatcher
ThreadsDateReplies
Grand Seiko SGBA011 Snowflake11-03-2017, 12:57 PM0
On the Ball10-21-2017, 06:19 PM7
Seiko Mount Fuji Limited Edition08-17-2017, 05:55 PM3
Seiko Lord Matic 5606 - The one flaw within07-29-2017, 12:45 PM4
Seiko Lord Matic 5606 - The one flaw within07-29-2017, 12:45 PM4
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[-]
Tags
special padi diver the edition dive turtle seiko thread

Picture heavy The Seiko Turtle Thread

I just wanted to have more grip...
Hello all, heads up... doing these mods should be easy enough - in the skx thread there is a modding instruction...
Hmm... a Sumo and Turtle mix... it begets bastardly watches?
Better response on post RE: The Seiko Turtle ThreadI Sold my Seiko turtle SRP777 a few months ago.
But I had to buy this one: (SRPC49K1)

It is an impressive watch, but what I like about the Turtle and its softened edges and brushed finish is the toolish nature of the whole package. This is the diver I am not afraid of scratching up! It just goes out with me and do the damn job!
The Ninja Turtle would make all of the above impossible... so I must pass on this. Not without regrets of course.
I tend to agree here. But it also is a great watch to invest in. Collectors will go bonkers on this in a few months. That happened to the Monsters too. ...
Hmm, prices are already jacked up. This watch should cost about $420. It is way above that at the moment.
(03-01-2018, 04:41 PM)jpfwatch Wrote: Prices are crazy!
look at this:
https://www.misterlimited.com/Turtle-SBD...ed-Edition

Hmmm. Well, that is good! You can sell your watch in due time and spend that bucket load of cash on vintages again - you know the place to go...
Adminishing the #$@ out of it
I like black! And it will wear well I presume. Just go for it.
Wow, this thread is going' places! I always knew the turtle was popular, and that Ninja Turtle from @jpfwatch.... fabulous!
Yup, great watch the turtle - one of the best as far as tool watches go. With the right steel band it is unbeatable in comfort and utility. That Angus Jubilee is the best option I think!
A whole lot of black on that Ninja...makes it look tactical imho. Yup, it would look good on a navy seal.
That black one is too expensive - come on guys!
I sold the watch for 700 euro.
That was a short ownership @jpfwatch, a couple of months right? Why did you sell it?
Unfortunately the turtle is too big for me, I hoped the black version would wear smaller but it doesn't.
Maybe I will buy the mini turtle...........
Well, I have seen it. To me it does not really have the Turtle shape.... You will have to buy a "captain Willard". That is the real smaller sized Turtle.

You know... this one.

Yeah, be prepared to plunk down over a 1000 USD. And then hope that it has original parts.....

I would rather go for a 6309 with some mods to be identical to the 6105
Well, the turtle is a big watch, no doubt about it.. Just get used to it. It is very comfortable to wear by the way... so it will stick in my collection.