Hi Guest - won't you sign up - like now? You'll get "early member" perks, ratings, free for sale adds, store discount codes and of course access to all the hidden stuff that status begets..

Recent threads from CoolLuke
ThreadsDateReplies
The Seikomatic Silverwave: birth of a diver07-27-2017, 12:50 PM2
The Seikomatic Silverwave: birth of a diver07-27-2017, 12:50 PM2
Seiko SKX0011J07-27-2017, 11:48 AM2
Watches 101 - Watch crystal basics07-23-2017, 03:08 PM1
Watches 101 - Watch Jewel Basics07-23-2017, 03:05 PM0
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average

[-]
Tags
skx the seiko thread

Seiko The Seiko SKX Thread
The SKX you know about .. and don't!

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to CoolLuke for this post:
  • Collectionist
Great photos. That combo really pops!
Well, if you don't get comments on that I would be surprised.
A Seiko forum without a SKX! What a shame  Sad
With a leather strap and a double domed sapphire crystal.

Yes! Could not agree more. I can say that I was waiting for a member to write about it, but then I would be lying. I will make up for it if you don't JPF. So hurry, hurry.
Meanwhile, it has been mentioned of course. I think I will make a hotlist with forum links of well known Seikos.
Adminishing the #$@ out of it
Finally, a pimped up skx. Classic.
Ah, but the skx was mentioned here...
Hi collectionist,
I am writing an article about my Grand Seikos, I hope to publish it on Sunday.
So if you want to write about the SKX....go ahead!

Hi CoolLuke,
I forgot you already made a post about it, sorry.
(08-04-2017, 11:49 AM)jpfwatch Wrote: Hi collectionist,
I am writing an article about my Grand Seikos, I hope to publish it on Sunday.
So if you want to write about the SKX....go ahead!

Hi CoolLuke,
I forgot you already made a post about it, sorry.

Great, I am curious as to what your perspective is going to be.
Yes, you will find all off them here - the black ones, the blues, the oranges and even the yellows. And you think that is all? Read on..
Better response on post RE: The Seiko SKX ThreadThe Seiko SKXA35 is a yellow dial diver, affectionately nicknamed "Bumble Bee". It’s not a popular color for a watch and that’s probably why one seldom sees yellow dialed watches in the stores or on people’s wrists. The SKXA35 and its black sibling, the SKX173 are in fact, native to the North American market and perhaps Canada. Neither model is sold anywhere else in the world. You can’t find this watch from the well known grey market sellers based in Singapore.

Some things that I’ve learned about North American market Seiko diver models are:
  • They don’t have an alphabet suffix in their reference numbers, e.g. "K" as in SKX009K or "J" as in SKX007J
  • The caseback code ends with an "8" or "9" instead of the usual "0"
  • They come with a standard 3-year warranty from Seiko USA
  • They are priced higher than comparable Seiko models sold in SE Asia
  • They have the country of manufacture stamped on the dial and caseback (as per FTC regulations)
The SKXA35 doesn’t have a "K" or "J" in its model number simply because there’s only one regional market for it – North America and nowhere else. It’s not like for instance, the SKX007 which are available in "K" and "J" versions – "K" for the world market and "J" specifically for the Arabic speaking, Middle East countries. Therefore technically there’s no such thing as an "SKXA35K" – it’s just SKXA35.
The U.S.’ Federal Trade Commission also has very strict labeling requirements for imported goods which explains that on every SKXA35 (or SKX173 for that matter), you’ll see the "Mov’t Singapore" or "Mov’t Malaysia" on the dial and caseback.

Of worthy mention is the caseback number of the SKXA35 and SKX173. Here’s how to decipher the codes for the 7s26-002x divers:

Contrary to popular belief, the SKXA35 and SKX173s are not made in Singapore or Malaysia. Only their automatic movements are assembled in these two neighboring South East Asian countries. The completed movements are then shipped to Seiko’s plant in Hong Kong (China) for the final assembly and encasement.
The indicated country on the dial and watch caseback (e.g. "Mov’t Singapore") just denotes the country where the movement was made, not where the watch was cased and shipped from.
Seiko had been producing 7s-caliber movements at its Singapore production facility since the mid 1980s. It wasn’t until late 2006 when it shifted production to Malaysia, presumably to reduce labor costs. The good news is that Malaysia-made movements are of the 7s26B variant, which is reputed to be slightly more accurate than its long-running predecessor, the 7s26A.

The measurements of the SKXA35 are as follows:
  • Diameter: 42 mm (w/o crown), 45 mm (w/crown) 

• Lug-to-lug: 45.5 mm 

• Thickness: 12.7 mm 

• Lug width: 22 mm 

• Caliber: 7s26B, 21 jewels (7s26B from Oct 2006 onwards) 

• Caseback type: 7s26-0028 

• Movement: Automatic, non-hacking 

• Beat rate: 21,600 bph (6 beats/sec) 

• Loss/gain: Less than 40 sec/day 

• Power reserve: About 42 hours 

• Calendar: Day/date, dual language (Eng/Spanish) 

• Crown: Screw-in type 

• Construction: Stainless steel 

• Crystal: Hardlex glass, flat profile 

• Bezel: Unidirectional, 120 graduations 

• W.R. rating: 200m, ISO certified 

• Luminous material: LumiBrite 

• Movement Malaysia, cased in China
Here is a nice video review gents, enjoy...

I am liking the way this forum is sorted, you can see certain threads rising in the interest or views it generates. Good for the lowly SKX!
Yes! The SKX - finally. Now show us some green ones.... are there any? And the mods of course.
Better response on post RE: The Seiko SKX ThreadYou asked for it.... This is one awesome mod. It's called the SKXpilot done by Martin.

Damn, but I think I will start modding too - it will cost next to nothing!
(08-08-2017, 09:54 PM)WatchKhal Wrote: You asked for it.... This is one awesome mod. It's called the SKXpilot done by Martin.

That one has style - unlike most mods...
Fun to see the humble SKX rising in the ranks of views.
(08-08-2017, 09:54 PM)WatchKhal Wrote: You asked for it.... This is one awesome mod. It's called the SKXpilot done by Martin.

I am starting on the mod - will keep you gents posted! Such a beauty.
Found this one guys.. funny?