Hi Guest - won't you sign up - like now? You'll get "early member" perks, ratings, free for sale adds, store discount codes and of course access to all the hidden stuff that status begets..

Recent threads from SeikoMan
ThreadsDateReplies
Seiko Vintage Watch Catalog Legend Translated05-24-2019, 05:29 PM0
Casio Full Metal Square GMW-B500005-07-2019, 04:54 PM6
Seiko Blue Alpinist SPB08903-12-2019, 09:38 PM6
Seiko Lord-Matic 5606 & 521602-03-2019, 03:14 PM1
King Seiko Vanac 5626-723A01-31-2019, 04:16 PM1
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
saturday seiko

Seiko Seiko Saturday
Saturday's special Seikos
Better response on post Seiko SaturdayI do like Seiko, but it seems that unlike other brands like Omega or Rolex its product lines are all over the place. Seiko needs a dedicated theme to celebrate all its special timepieces in my humble opinion.

I do mean special! Yes, even more so than what is happening with the "Speedy Tuesday" thing... I would like to present some special pieces that are usually worn not just during an evening out but on a leisurely day. I think Saturday is Seiko day - perhaps even more than one gets worn. It happens to me.

So, show off your Seiko Saturday timepiece..

Here is one of mine - a NOS King Quartz 9723-8030 

[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to SeikoMan for this post:
  • JCimperial, NYCtops, ToATee
Better response on post Seiko SaturdayCool idea... who does not own a Seiko?

Better response on post Seiko SaturdayOh man! Nice pictures - mine on a piece of cloth needs to be redone that is apparent.

Lol, Seiko aficionados coming out of the woodwork. But that said, here is mine! Since this is a classy thread I took the effort to dig a photo up from my archive.

This appeared on top of my list... Good idea and it does make more sense than a Speedy Tuesday (I never got that) which shows awesome pieces nevertheless. But I think Seiko can top that easily! So I will happy to contribute - it's been a while, so enjoy

(11-02-2019, 08:25 PM)SeikoMan Wrote: I do like Seiko, but it seems that unlike other brands like Omega or Rolex its product lines are all over the place. Seiko needs a dedicated theme to celebrate all its special timepieces in my humble opinion.

I do mean special! Yes, even more so than what is happening with the "Speedy Tuesday" thing... I would like to present some special pieces that are usually worn not just during an evening out but on a leisurely day. I think Saturday is Seiko day - perhaps even more than one gets worn. It happens to me.

So, where do you find these ? I am jealous here!
(11-02-2019, 08:53 PM)Mauvais Wrote:
(11-02-2019, 08:25 PM)SeikoMan Wrote: I do like Seiko, but it seems that unlike other brands like Omega or Rolex its product lines are all over the place. Seiko needs a dedicated theme to celebrate all its special timepieces in my humble opinion.

This one came straight from Japan - the mothership form which all great Seikos will descend on us Europeans.

(11-02-2019, 08:44 PM)Retrojack Wrote: This appeared on top of my list... Good idea and it does make more sense than a Speedy Tuesday (I never got that) which shows awesome pieces nevertheless. But I think Seiko can top that easily! So I will happy to contribute - it's been a while, so enjoy

Thanks Retro, I agree with you on that - even if I do own a nice Speedy. But Seiko just is watch brand number one or me.
(11-02-2019, 08:55 PM)SeikoMan Wrote:

This one came straight from Japan - the mothership form which all great Seikos will descend on us Europeans.

(11-02-2019, 08:44 PM)Retrojack Wrote: This appeared on top of my list... Good idea and it does make more sense than a Speedy Tuesday (I never got that) which shows awesome pieces nevertheless. But I think Seiko can top that easily! So I will happy to contribute - it's been a while, so enjoy

Thanks Retro, I agree with you on that - even if I do own a nice Speedy. But Seiko just is watch brand number one or me.

Exactly, try finding a NOS vintage Omega...
(11-02-2019, 09:00 PM)Mauvais Wrote:
(11-02-2019, 08:55 PM)SeikoMan Wrote:

Exactly, try finding a NOS vintage Omega...

I do like this nested discussion thread - such a cool feature. Many more forum perks and slick functionality. It makes life much easier. Anyway, time for a Seiko shot. Quartz QR 3863-8020

Oh boy - runaway thread! Now it is time for a real presentation of a special watch. If you want to top "Speedy Tuesday" you have to come up with the goods right? Just to be fair, it is not going to be me. I call upon "the Collectionist" to post one of his great articles and watches.

It is time to get some respect!

Wink 
(11-02-2019, 09:12 PM)UrbanWatch Wrote: Oh boy - runaway thread! Now it is time for a real presentation of a special watch. If you want to top "Speedy Tuesday" you have to come up with the goods right? Just to be fair, it is not going to be me. I call upon "the Collectionist" to post one of his great articles and watches.

The great Collectionist will answer the challenge ... Let me browse my recent unpublished work... Much of it can be found by the way in my webshop (http://www.vintageseiko.nl).
Adminishing the #$@ out of it
Ok then! Looking forward to that. I have been reading your other stuff and is was quite informative thank you kindly...
(11-02-2019, 09:16 PM)Collectionist Wrote:
(11-02-2019, 09:12 PM)UrbanWatch Wrote: Oh boy - runaway thread! Now it is time for a real presentation of a special watch. If you want to top "Speedy Tuesday" you have to come up with the goods right? Just to be fair, it is not going to be me. I call upon "the Collectionist" to post one of his great articles and watches.

The great Collectionist will answer the challenge ... Let me browse my recent unpublished work... Much of it can be found by the way in my webshop (http://www.vintageseiko.nl).

Poor guy - now he is feeling the pressure.